二. I’m working in London for the next two weeks for a shiny new client who joined my books! I’m pretty excited to be working a) back in the city, and b) back in an office because our family home is a little bit crazy at the moment with a recovering puppy and two parents in early retirement. I’m staying at my boyfriend’s and I’m just mostly excited to be just a touch closer to hanging with my best girls.
三. This weekend I’ve been obsessively watching Uncontrollably Fond, a K-drama starring Suzy and Kim Woo Bin. It was a bit of a slow burner at first but I’m beginning to catch up via Viki and it is getting so good! I’ve even reached the point of Mish obsession where I’ve downloaded the OST – well, I’ve added it to my Spotify library – so there’s that.
四. On the beauty front, I’ve been really into LUSH again. Whilst it’s a touch pricey, I’ll admit, there’s little else better than looking forward to a fresh bath bomb after a 16-hour working day hunched over several monitors, to-do lists and studio plans, eh? My boyfriend picked me up one of Mmmelting Marshmallow Moment Bath Melts and it was insane. Smells like Snow Fairy, leaves you soft AF and with a subtle glitter to the skin. I also tried a sample of the Laneige Bright Renew Original Serum and can’t wait to pick up several bottles of it when I’m back in Hong Kong in November!
五. Finally, most of my week has been spent meal planning like an absolute BOSS. I picked up another new cookbook – A Modern Way to Eat by Anna Jones – and can’t stop cooking and baking! Some highlights this week have been the Grilled Pepper and Quinoa Taco Salad from Love and Lemons, the Melting Maple Chocolate Puddings from AMWTE and the Grilled Corn, Tomato and Mozzarella Salad from Love and Lemons again. Delish!
Links I’ve Loved:
- I can’t stop thinking about these Paneer Satay Bowls from Amuse Your Bouche! I’m 100% going to make these when I’m next home.
- Meg wrote this excellent piece about why representation matters.
- Getting in touch with my teenage side, this article on Thought Catalog made a sombre read on a Wednesday morning.
- So excited for this!
- I loved this post from Bee entitled ‘Behind the Instax’. Photographs are so personal and it was so nice to gain an insight into these instant photos from her albums.
Posts This Week:
- Back to reality.: I wrote a smushy post all about the wonders of a summer holiday, a late summer evening date night and Bank Holiday shenanigans with the best girls. (read here)
- Boyfriend jeans + simple slides.: A casual outfit from Budapest! (read here)
- Budapest Photo Diary.: A glimpse into our sister adventure, in photographs. (read here)
- My September To-Do List: The obligatory start-of-month post detailing my goals for the next four weeks ahead. (read here)