Oh hello there, welcome to something a little fresh and easier on the eye. It’s Sundaze on a fresh new version of Daisybutter! In case you missed it, last weekend I hit ‘send live’ on our beautiful new home, proudly hosted on WordPress courtesy of the wonderful Danni who has helped me every step of the way. It felt like the right time to make the move and it has certainly reignited the fire in my tummy for blogging! Here you’ll find a custom navigation where you can easily browse around my usual features, read in the classic style and just generally find things easier. You’ll also be able to shop posts from the homepage and browse the week’s posts at a glance. So happy Sunday, grab a cuppa somethin’ warm (it’s mighty chilly out there) and cosy on up…
Animal Crossing Pocket Camp
Possibly the biggest highlight of my week is the launch of Animal Crossing’s mobile offering, Pocket Camp! I’ve been an avid Animal Crossing girl since the Wild World days and so when Nintendo announced plans to bring it to mobile, I was over the moon to say the least. It’s so nice to be able to easily play AC, especially as my 3DS’ battery life is absolutely awful these days… If you’re also playing it, feel free to add me! My Friend Code is:0148-7467-993.
Gifting fortnight on Daisybutter
Just a little reminder that I’ve been sharing my annual festive gift guides on Daisybutter this fortnight! My sister and I had the best time shooting the photos that go alongside them, including a few gratuitous snaps of our pupper. There’s something for everybody this year; one for her, one for him… and next week’s guides include one for the fitness enthusiast, a selection of personalised treats and, of course, one full of treats for good boys. Find my gift guides here.
Harvey and I awoke yesterday feeling oh so very festive and so we took it upon ourselves to have a mini early Christmas on the 25th November. I always semi-joke (but am deadly serious) that I’d celebrate Christmas every month if I could and it FINALLY HAPPENED!
We picked up lots of veggie treats from Asda – their offerings are awesome this year – and feasted like kings whilst watching anime, tucked up under a blanket in Christmas pyjamas. The very, very best.
Introducing the ’12 Days of Daisybutter Blogmas’
Last but certainly not least, I posted about my ’12 Days of Daisybutter Blogmas’ yesterday and I really hope some of you’ll be able to join in or at least take some inspiration. The premise of the challenge is that I’ve designed a list of twelve post prompts and you guys can post along with me, every other day in December. Of course you can post less if you’d like or add in your own in between, but I thought it’d be a fun way to add some fun into the blogging mix! You can join in on your own blog or, if you don’t blog, on Instagram. Just use the hashtag #daisybutterblogmas if you do.
Links I’ve Loved:
- Lily shared a post all about her favourite feminine dystopia reads. I’m making my way through ‘The Power’ at the moment so I’ll definitely be adding the others to my list!
- I’ve absolutely loved reading Liv’s posts from Iceland. I’m dying to visit Reykjavík and so all of her posts are firmly bookmarked on my MacBook.
- Following the news that stamp duty has been abolished for first-time buyers and setting me back on my path to buy a house of my own, this post from Tilly comes oh so handy.
- These photos on Amelyn’s blog from her time in Chiang Mai are truly beautiful.
- Another fire post from Chloe about how she prefers to see personality fuelling blog posts. So into this.
- If you saw this week’s The Apprentice then you’ll have seen a snapshot into this charity but Rosie at The Londoner shared a post all about adopting a pup from the Wild at Heart Foundation. Absolutely worth a read (even if only for the darling photos!).
- For some serious home inspo, this post on Megan’s blog documents her first home and it is SO COLOURFUL.
- Over on Hannah’s blog, she shares some of her favourite quotes from Breakfast at Tiffany’s, which of course remains one of my favourite films of all time.