I usually make this with halloumi on top, although you could substitute this for another vegetable – charred tenderstem broccoli works well – if you’re vegan. Batch make it on a Sunday and grab a lunch box per day. Simple.It also makes an excellent side salad with dinner, made in a smaller portion. Plus, it means you can add the ingredient list to your weekly shop, every week. Love a good routine, me.
Without further ado, here’s my most-eaten meal, documented.
- 1 cup of couscous
- A handful of cherry tomatoes (I love yellow and orange ones!)
- A good helping of coriander
- A quarter of a red onion
- Half an avocado
- Halloumi (substitute for tenderstem broccoli if desired)
- Salt and pepper to flavour
- Prepare couscous according to the packet's instructions. Roughly two cups of boiling water to a cup of couscous is good.
- Wash and prepare your vegetables: quarter the tomatoes, finely chop the coriander, mince the onion and slice up the avo.
- Stir into the couscous.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill your halloumi and chargrill your tenderstem broccoli.
- Place on top.