Good morning you! Isn’t it wonderful to waken from a slumber and realise that there’s still plenty more of the weekend to enjoy? One of my goals this year was to take time off and it’s been a real treat to enjoy some Bank Holidays, instead of mindlessly working through them at not much real gain. In fact, much of this Sundaze post is pre-written as it’s currently Friday night and I’m watching a film, sipping a coffee and realised it was the perfect window of time to pen a post.
It’s been such a busy week that I’ve let SO much get on top of me. My nails are chipped, my hair is matted, my jewellery is scattered all over my dressing table, there are clothes all over my bedroom floor and there is a pile of half-opened post on my dresser. Help me. In fact, I promise to you now that the moment I’m done writing this post, I’ll go and get all of those things ticked off the list. Promise!
I couldn’t write this post without including my biggest slice of news to share: I’ve been shortlisted for the Blogger of the Year award at this year’s Blogosphere Awards! I’d actually completely forgotten that the shortlist was due to be announced and so I was absolutely thrilled to find myself on the list. I’ve been in shock pretty much since Tuesday morning and I haven’t dared to think too much about it all. However, I have now begun the all-important dress hunt for the awards ceremony next month! If you have a spare moment, I’d love to score your vote — head here to vote for me to win. Eek!!
Louise’s birthday in Cambridge!
It was my sister’s birthday today (Friday 4th) and we took her to Cambridge for a little day trip. Cambridge is about 50 minutes away from our hometown and I’m surprised we hadn’t done a similar trip before! We spent two glorious hours in the botanical gardens before grabbing food at Honest Burger and then some sweet treats at Soboro, a Japanese bakery right outside the Grand Arcade. Although a short trip, we had the loveliest day in the gardens and it was just the ticket for a fresh spring afternoon!
Fully booked once again!
Once again, I’m super excited to be able to tell you that I’m fully booked for the month at Tartle Copywriting! After a quiet month in April, it’s been nice to check my diary and see booking upon booking with plenty of in-house days and new client onboarding as well. I can’t wait to get stuck in! As always, if you’re seeking somebody to help you find the perfect words for your website, new venture, product catalogue, marketing materials and beyond, do feel free to drop me a message here.
Milo and Pixie’s playdate
Harvey’s parents are away this week and as there’s hardly anybody at their home, I volunteered to puppy-sit their dog Pixie for a day so that she could have a playmate in Milo. And it was the wildest 24 hours ever! From the pitter-patter of eight paws on floorboards to the cuteness of seeing Milo gaze lovingly at little Pixie round-the-clock, we had the best time. I’m SO desperate to bring another dog into the family.
Tapas date night
Finally, Harvey and I had a tapas date night on Saturday. There’s a lovely Spanish restaurant in the Old Town of our hometown and their tapas menu is incredible and very vegetarian- and vegan-friendly. Along with that, they’ve just added a candy floss gin cocktail to their menu. We were sold immediately. We hadn’t been for a proper date night in forever, so we had the best time feasting and chatting away about all sorts of things. A dream. You can read my newest post about date night ideas right here.
Links I’ve Loved:
- Vote for me to win Blogger of the Year at the Blogosphere Awards right here!
- Having written about the topic countless times before, I adored this piece by Yossy entitled ‘The Art of Doing Things Alone’.
- A delicious cashew broccoli soba noodle recipe from Love & Lemons, possibly my favourite food blog.
- Tania’s post all about reducing waste in her home was incredibly inspiring and informative too. Totally worth a read and implementing this weekend.
- I picked up Herbivore Botanical’s Pink Cloud Moisture Creme at last and it is SO good. Sinks in like a dream, hydrates all day and is super lightweight.
- Sophie’s stunning post about the new Chloe Nomade fragrance is beautifully shot and her writing is forever what keeps me clicking back on her blog.
- The adorable Lizzie got married! And her wedding recap post is nothing short of fairytale-worthy.
- Rediscovering just how much I love a red lip has got me scouring the Internet for my perfect cruelty-free bold shade. I’m considering investing in the Hourglass Girl Lip Stylo in Icon at the moment.
- Visiting NYC soon? Add all of these cafes to your address book immediately — your Instagram feed and following will thank you.
- Once again, Victoria knocks it out of the park with her guide to styling suits for any occasion.
- Lastly, I swear by my editorial calendar to keep me on track of all things Daisybutter. Mandy’s tips for creating your own are invaluable.