HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I hope you all had lovely New Years’ and are suitably hungover to begin 2011!
As anticipated, NYE was totally overrated and I didn’t do anything particularly special to begin the year with, aside from sipping champagne in my pyjamas at home. One of my New Year’s resolutions is actually to give up alcohol aside from “special occasions”, so having my original plans cancelled was probably a blessing in disguise. Start as you mean to go on, and all of that.
I’ve never been one to have much willpower with my resolutions. Half of the problem is that I always aim too high or I’m not realistic with what I want to achieve. Instead, I’ll be taking a leaf out of Abby’s book, and sharing a To-Do in 2011 list instead.
- Drink (much more) water.
- Pass my driving test.
- Cut down on my unnecessary spending and start to budget.
- Go on a girly break away with my best friend in the summer.
- Find a part-time job.
- Meet Abby!
- Buy a new camera, and pursue my newfound interest in photography.
- Nab myself a month-long internship in styling and/or PR.
- Meet more bloggers, as weird an experience as it is!
- Save money towards “The Future”.
- Maintain my grades at Uni.
- Be more organised: will help with eventual dissertation writing!
- Work on improving Daisybutter and buy a domain.
I’ll be sharing my yearly goals in a tab on my homepage – like Bee at Vivatramp – so that I can keep track of how I’m doing with the progress of my goals. Whilst I might be a little ambitious with this list, I’m someone who much prefers to do one thing and do it well, as opposed to start several things and haphazardly half-ass them. 2011, I have high hopes for you.