Happy New Year ladies and gents! How are we all feeling today? Delicate, by any chance?! I spent my evening in London to watch the fireworks and embarrass myself in front of cameras. For the record, the fireworks are super pretty in real life, I’ve always been a fireworks-and-celebrations-cynic in regards to NYE, but I’m glad I broke out of my hermit habit and went out.
Thought I’d welcome another year with the obligatory resolutions post and recap on my list from 2012 (which sounds positively historical now, right?). In hindsight, I’d like to think I did relatively well with my To-Do List of 2011, which you can read here. The five remaining goals, out of my slightly optimistic seventeen, are all achievable or irrelevant this year, so I’m pleased with my willpower and dedication.
2012 is the year I graduate, enter the Real World, turn 21 and all sorts of fun shenanigans, so to go alongside it, comes an organised, even more optimistic list of goals. Big thanks to Sarah for her assistance in goal-writing! You can track my progress of the full list on the page I’ve set up, and if I’m seriously slacking at any point, feel free to gently remind me on Twitter!
· Save £70-£100 a month.
· Meet Abby, Bee, Gem and Lyzi.
· Visit the Harry Potter Leavesden Studio Tour.
· Graduate with a First or 2:1 in my degree. Coughcough First, please.
· Learn Japanese or Korean to a conversational level.
· Continue building my recipe repetoire (perhaps document on a blog).
· Land an entry-level position in the fashion industry.
· Venture into the world of NARS make-up.
· Buy a Mulberry luxury leather with my own money.
· Sort out my horrendous sleeping pattern: bed by 1am each night.
· Attend 5 concerts, including Big Bang and Taylor Swift.
· Read 20 (new) books.
· Mini photoshoot with Niran.
· Invest in Kiehl’s or Dermalogica skincare.
· Go to a Bloggers’ Dinner, HP Marathon and Quiz Night with Sarah in attendance.
· Make some lovely new friends.
· Handmake one part of each of my family’s Christmas presents.
· Find my perfect red lip.
· Be published in a magazine.
· Find my signature scent/perfume.
· Start my Chanel fund.
· Go on a roadtrip!