I’ve accidentally been a little absent from the blog this week, due to a lack of photos to blog with and spending more time in real life. It’s been nice, but I’m going to ease myself back into the blogging parallel universe with 50 things that no-one cares about, about me. Just a bit of harmless fun! Despite a crazy long list, my favourite quote ever still stands true – ‘The less you reveal, the more people can wonder’. xo
1. Last week I promised myself I wouldn’t succumb to this tag, but here I am!
2. I’ve been known to buy duplicate copies of books when the spine is cracked on one.
3. I’m notorious for making terrible decisions, even when I know it’s a bad idea.
4. Half of my family reside in Hong Kong, the other half in Malaysia, and a few of us are scattered in England.
5. My wardrobe is colour co-ordinated and organised in clothes type order about 99% of the time. The 1% exception is when I’m getting ready to go out (Read: never).
6. Most people really, really underestimate my love for Taylor Swift.
7. I’ve seen Taylor Swift live four times. Once, I even went on my own.
8. I cried when I passed my driving test and the examiner gave me a hug.
9. When I really like a song, I will listen to it on repeat for entire weeks at a time. My brother and sister hate me for this. My Dad can sing Big Bang and Super Junior songs because of this.
10. I went to stage school until I was 17.
11. I’m very, very shy and introverted, except when written words are concerned.
12. I started dabbling in the world of red lips on 22nd October 2012.
13. I beat my brother once on Mario Kart Wii (he was on the phone) and it remains to be one of my proudest moments.
14. I have an IDTA Gold Star 2 award in Freestyle Dance.
15. I can knit (hand and machine) and play piano. Not at the same time.
16. Last year I had an odd illness and severe food intolerance for nine months.
17. My favourite artists include: Big Bang, Taylor Swift, Jay Chou, B2ST, BoA, 2NE1 and Yui.
18. I’ve seen Justin Bieber and One Direction live. Best two nights of my life.
19. I’m more than happy to spend entire weekends chain-watching television series. My record is a whole series in a day and a half.
20. Once when I was about five years old and out shopping with my Mum, I cried my eyes out because the store was closing and I hadn’t finished looking yet.
21. I often worry about being left behind.
22. This is the age I turn in one month – I’m terrified.
23. I was bullied on and off throughout primary and secondary school.
24. 2012 was my favourite year.
25. I’m only 5″1!
26. Once I become attached to someone/something/*cough* a band, I will be fiercely loyal to them.
27. I can’t resist heart prints, polka dots and animal motifs.
28. I have a brother and a sister, both younger than me.
29. Butterbeer = the best.
30. Once I went on a glass bottom boat ride in Spain and it was easily the scariest thing I’ve ever done. Never again.
31. ‘Technically’, Michelle is my middle name.
32. I tend to use emoticons in every text, Tweet, Whatsapp, etc. message that I send. Good luck if you ever get to chat to me on Whatsapp when I’m super bored!
33. My little sister is one of my best friends, and she is also my unofficial blog photographer.
34. Our desk at work has an insane obsession with tea. Average cups per day probably reaches around 20 in total!
35. My very first blogger event was the Look Show in 2011, at London Fashion Week, when Lily invited me as her plus one. How’s that for jumping in at the deep end?!
36. My favourite soft drink is Lilt or full fat Coke.
37. I’ve travelled to 9 countries – I think.
38. I nearly dropped out of University twice.
39. I’m still not 100% on what I want to ‘do’ in the future, but I have a pretty clear medium-term goal plan!
40. When my timetable at Uni allowed, I went through a long phase of waking up at 11:11 without an alarm. Totes credit that for my First Class Honours degree.
41. I had 8k friends (with the square brackets!) on MySpace before I cut it off from my life.
42. I had a fashion blogging/411 thread on Soompi before this blog.
43. For about four years, I completely lost touch with one of my best friends, but we’ve been reunited and causing mischief for the past month or so and I’ve never felt more content.
44. If I could only drink one thing for the rest of my life, it’d probably be coconut milk bubble tea.
45. Cinderella is my favourite Disney Princess!
46. My favourite Pokemon are Eevee, Torchic and Gardevoir.
47. My top blogging moment was seeing Olivia Palermo outside the Topshop Unique SS13 show.
48. One time, I went to Paris with the girls, and we had a slight incident that involved crawling under Metro barriers, really good red wine, dancing on tables and taking an hour to get back to our hotel. That’s all.
49. I’m a pretty stereotypical Pisces.
50. Two of my threads on AsianFanatics Forum with two of my best friends and brother ended up in the Hall of Fame. It was a proud moment.