Anyway, I wanted to crack open my dashboard and have a bit of a natter on here today, consummating the fledgling beginning days of June and all. Note: photos are pre-haircut, my hair looks unacceptable, even for the Internet, right now!
1. Recently I’ve been trying to do a bit more away from my laptop and from technology in general, leading to drives around little villages just outside of my hometown with my iPod and little sister in tow! Our favourite drivetime jaunt to date is to Watton-at-Stone (little bit of HP trivia attached to this…), blaring out some 2PM and the amazing new Beast single. So damn good. I’m a real homebody but it’s also nice to have an explore at times, so Louise and I will definitely be pencilling a few more of those in the diary.
2. Yesterday I met up with two of my best friends from school for a little lunch date. It’s so odd to think, and I can hardly believe, that I’ve known then for about eleven years now! How did that happen?! For around three or four years, I didn’t speak a word to either of them (mainly because I’m terrible at keeping in touch – something I’m working really hard on this year) but nowadays it’s like nothing ever changed.
3. If you know me ‘in real life’, you’ll know that I spend nearly all of my spare time chain-watching K-dramas or TVB dramas. It’s a pretty terrible habit that I’ve had since I was around 14, and this week I’ve been seriously obsessing over Monstar (Beast’s Junhyung stars in it) and You’re The Best Lee Soon Shin (IU’s latest drama offering). My gawd, so good. If I slack on blog posts, these series are the sole reason.
4. I bought an Instax Mini 8 (I bought this one) last week and it arrived on Thursday! I used to have a limited edition Hello Kitty Instax and have always been enamoured with Polaroid style cameras. Can’t wait for my Rilakkuma film to arrive so I can take some super cheesy couple photos, WGM style!
5. This week, my brother, sister and I (well, before Jonny swanned off to Malaysia with Dad) have been single-handedly/triple-handedly tackling the task of cleaning out and decorating our family home. Our parents work insane hours, so for the summer, we’ve been attempting to refresh the whole house, mostly so we can host barbecue parties in our garden again.
6. On Wednesday I went for dinner with one of my oldest friends, Sharon. You know those kinda evenings where the hours absolutely fly by because you’re SO engrossed in conversation and fun? Yeah, that happened. I’m excited for all of our summer plans, which will no doubt end in typical Michelle-and-Sharon disaster!
7. Today I’m going to be cooped up indoors until my accounting and filing is all taken care of. Oh the life of a freelancer! Working for myself is incredibly rewarding but the books and that are the bane of my life. Tea on tap, some sweet music and a read of my current favourite blogs is definitely on the cards. ♥