In the vein of posts by Bee and Katy that I adore reading – btw Bee, I found myself lurking in 2011 like a creep again last night – I knew instantly that today I wanted to pare things back and note down a few of my little happy things.
- Cherry blossoms, faux or real, being everywhere in Hong Kong. Next year I am determined to spend cherry blossom season in Japan, but for now I adore the beautiful decor in every mall in this perfect city. I think they’ll forever remind me of my first Chinese New Year away from home.
- Air-con marketing scents in malls. I’m borderline obsessive about spending time in IFC Mall.
- Seeing my houseplants blossom at home.
- Listening to my iPod library in its entirety on shuffle and not having to skip a song.
- It being no-tights weather already.
- Savouring being praised for being kind and witty. Apparently the latter does happen sometimes! 😉
- Sims 4. I’m not sorry, nonono.
- Realising your best friends are even best-er from nearly 6,000 miles away. Insane postcards and belated birthday mail from home are the best surprise to get home to.
- Knowing that an impulse decision to move paid off when you spend Friday lunches assigning Sailormoon characters, choosing anime sidekicks and accidentally dressing like a girl band with your colleagues.
- … Being offered a job at ELLE Magazine HK and despite not taking it feeling back on track, career wise.
- Good hair days.
- The weekend city skyline at sunrise. And being awake in mornings in general.
- When things fall into place all on their own. Hindsight is beautiful.
- Finishing pages in my scrapbook.