Serves 1 hungry human. Prep time: 15-20 minutes. Total cooking time: 30-40 minutes.
- 2 pieces of chicken thigh (boneless, skin-on preferred)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Korean brown rice red pepper paste (adjust depending on spice) – Shop here.
- Sesame seeds
- A pinch of salt
- Honey to sweeten if desired
- White rice
- Cut the chicken thighs into small, even, bite-size pieces.
- Place into a medium bowl.
- Add the sesame oil, light soy and red pepper paste.
- Use your hands to coat the chicken evenly.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds, the salt and honey is desired.
- Mix in.
- Cover with clingfilm and set to one side.
- Wash and cook your rice in your preferred method. I use a rice cooker but in a saucepan is fine too. This should take around 15-20 minutes, a good amount of time for your chicken to marinade.
- Once the rice is complete, cook your chicken in a pan – no additional oil required – and add vegetables if desired. I’d recommend spring onion, beansprouts and broccoli!
- Serve on a bed of fluffy rice!