Weekends and weekdays tend to blur into one for me these days. I suppose it’s part and parcel of working from home, but I’m also lucky enough that every day feels like the weekend to me! Livin’ that good, relaxed life.
Having said that, now that my boyfriend has moved back from London, weekends have changed a lot around here and we favour coffees in the Old Town followed by chilly walks with Milo and then lazy afternoons at either of our homes. It’s a far cry from our first summer together, spent exploring every nook and cranny of London together and finally kicking off our shoes and slumping on the sofa at 11pm at night.
We both love adventure as much as we like embracing the homebody life and with the weather hopefully taking a turn for the better soon, why not try something new this weekend?
- Make up a breakfast spread and get back in bed. These standing trays from IKEA are perfect!
- Binge watch a great Netflix show; I’ve recently loved The Crown, The OA, Santa Clarita Diet and The Theory of Everything.
- Write a blogger a friend-love note! Or email.
- Bake a batch of cookies and package them up to gift to friends and family.
- That cute pub you always drive past? Go there for a Sunday roast. Take photos and share them with us!
- Pair up your socks. Ain’t no weekend task like it.
- WhatsApp that pal of yours that you ‘must catch up with soon!’ – it’s good to make the first move sometimes.
- Pick up some fresh flowers.
- Eat a vegetarian diet!
- Buy a disposable camera and use up the entire thing over the weekend.
- Make a cute album and write creative captions from the printed photos!
- Take a bath with muscle soaks, candles and a cup of tea.
- Think about your blog’s mission statement. What does your blog represent and what does it aim to do?
- Do things and don’t document them on social media.
- Brunch at Cafe Miami and 100% do document it on social media.
- Take a walk around Victoria Park, stop off for crepes and coffee by the lake.
What are you getting up to this weekend?