Our annual sister travels took us to dizzying heights found after dizzying walks in circular paths, to free living in Christiania, a haven like no other, to the greatest kanelsnægel (from Meyers Bageri, doncha know?), to cups of coffee akin to heaven in little ceramic ware and to beautiful blooms in the second oldest amusement park.
To laughs and being unable to walk for laughing so much, to singing made-up Despacito lyrics and composing our own version, to falling in love with buskers and to dreaming of Danish furniture in our own homes.
To exploring castles and ruins and old-meets-new libraries, to Skyping our puppy outside a palace because he deserves to see the world too. To adorable Metro stickers asking you to carry your dinosaur (dog) in a bag please and to seeing new places together.
This was our Copenhagen, June 2017.
- Rooftop views from Original Coffee atop the Illum department store.
- We visited Tivoli Gardens on our first night.
- … And I managed to convince my sister to go on some rides!
- Found a pagoda… so I had to get in it for a quick snap with Instagram potential. Note: it never did make it to the grid.
- A little sister selca!
- The pavilion building beginning to light up. We actually visited during the Summer Solstice so had to wait forever for the sun to completely go down. Just our luck.
- FRU Nimb interior goals.
- Trying our first smørrebrød (Danish open-faced sandwiches) of the trip!
- Goodbye Tivoli!
- Checking off Meyers Bageri from our To Eat list. Easily our favourite!
- We went over to The Coffee Collective to grab coffee too.
- Louise enjoying her coffee and attempting to look nonchalant for that candid shot.
- Always, always photograph chalkboards.
- You can’t leave Copenhagen without photographing bicycles beside the water.
- A photo in the cemetery where Hans Christian Anderson is buried. I adore this shot.
- We visited the Little Mermaid statue which was as underwhelming as everybody says, but still kinda cool to see.
- These little stickers on the Metro made my day.
- Cute buildings. #HousePorn
- A windmill at Kastallet, the fortress right in the top of the city.
- Reflective surfaces = mirror selca!
- Nyhavn: every Instagrammer’s dream.
- Frederik’s Church, an 18th century church with the largest dome in Scandinavia.
- Our hygge af living room.
- The windowsill in our kitchen.
- Walking like a boss with my Kipling suitcase.
- A late lunch at Atelier September.
- We visited the Designmuseum Denmark and had a great evening.
- Rosenborg Castle’s grounds were beautiful!
- And the castle facade itself was even more so.
- Another sister selca! We also Skyped Milo shortly after this.
- The BEST veggie burger I’ve ever eaten. It’s from Kalaset which you must visit.
- Another bonus snap from the Botanical Gardens.
- The Black Diamond Royal Library was seriously stunning. We walked from the Christianhavn Metro station and glimpsed it over the water before continuing to walk to it.
- There’s an old part of the library that’s still in use today which looks like something from Harry Potter.
- See? Follow signs towards the Reading Rooms.
- The panoramic view from the Round Tower is so worth the DKK40 that you pay to get up there.