How on Earth are we in the eighth month of 2017? To me, August feels like a halfway point of the year even though it categorically is not, but hey, time is a social construct and all that. As I write this post, it’s 3pm on a Monday afternoon and I’ve been up working since 5.30am. Life’s great sometimes. But really, it is! Being my own boss means I can set my own hours and I’m more than excited to finish up today’s working day with a blog post before Game of Thrones. I think this concept of August-being-the-halfway-marker comes from my school days, when I’d count down the days until the summer to divide up my year for six glorious weeks before heading back for what felt like a LIFETIME of an autumn term. Isn’t it strange how childhood habits stay with you seemingly forever?
This month is a busy one at Chez Chai, August always is. It’s always a plethora of birthday cards to be written and sent, birthday parties and other obligatory summer occasions. For somebody that is anti-social at the best of times, it’s positively a nightmare! 😉 But, here we go with another monthly goals list:
- Celebrate Mama Daisy’s birthday with a deeeelish meal out. My Mama’s birthday is on the 8th and we’re hoping to treat her to a sushi feast!
- Visit the Lavender Fields! There’s a beautiful lavender farm in the town beside my hometown that my family, boyfriend and I are dying to visit (and shoot in).
- Take another bag of clothes to the charity shops. The British Heart Foundation and Cancer Research UK will be oh so well stocked after this month.
- Research a little more thoroughly into cruelty-free brands. I made the decision (it wasn’t hard) last month to finally, consciously, go CF on my beauty stash.
- Get rid of the wasps’ nest outside my bedroom.
- Host a BBQ for Papa Daisybutter’s birthday. My Dad’s birthday is also in August and we’re hoping to host a lovely barbecue in the garden with all of his mates round as he didn’t get a celebration last year due to a huge exciting family project.
- Sell through on at least one Honey + Chai line.
- Hit 100 newsletter subscribers on the Daisybutter Coffee Club.
- Celebrate my pal Amelia’s birthday with ALL THE HALLOUMI AND COCKTAILS.
- Meet my savings goal. I’ve been SO good with my grown-up saving lately and fingers crossed this busy summer doesn’t damage that too much.
What are your plans this month?