二. This week has been blissfully manic in many slow ways – the best sort of week. My parents now have Mondays off work after working 7 days a week since we opened our restaurant in 2007 and I’m really enjoying having the freedom to shift my freelance schedule around a little to spend some overdue, quality time with them. This week we went out for dim sum which felt ridiculously indulgent to say the least! Dim sum on a Monday afternoon! It’s the littlest things that make a good day great.
三. I filled up my diary with plenty of little afternoon breaks with friends which meant conquering my travel anxiety, because a) I live in the middle of nowhere, and b) I’m currently without a car. I’ve touched upon this before but one of my main anxiety triggers in recent years (pretty much since I stopped commuting to London) is taking trains and the Tube when it’s not to my known ‘routine’. I’m over the moon to report that I made six out of six panic attack-free journeys this week! In case you were wondering, I usually take geranium herbal tablets and carry a jar of Tiger Balm that really helps to relieve (or displace) my anxiety. YAY! I was also that guy who opened all the windows in the carriage – sorry if you take the King’s Cross to Cambridge route! 😉
四. Treated myself to not one but two London days this week. On Friday I hung out with my girl Ella. This girl. What a damn good egg. We hadn’t seen each other in almost 2 years but enjoyed the most delightful afternoon at Said London – chocolate heaven, a post is in the works! – and wandering around having a jolly good catch-up about the essentials: boys, blogs and our lost-but-there futures. And then yesterday Winnie and I had our insane, emosh, overdue reunion. After my morning snow excitement(!!), we headed to The Blogger’s Market to support our pals Liv and Kristabel (also Lucy, Carrie and Dunya!) and had an excitable squishy hugs reunion. So blooming proud. Then we popped to Flesh & Buns – one of my faves – for a spot of lunch after our Dishoom plans were foiled by insane queues. Winnie made an exciting purchase and we sipped on bubble teas whilst laughing the afternoon hours away.
五. Oh! And I, quite happily, turned 25 on Wednesday! I shared a post on the day filled with sleepy photos from my quiet celebrations and I’ve just been lapping up the turn of a new age. To be quite honest, I don’t “feel 25”, whatever that means, I’m just full of positivity for another year. My blogging girl gang also surprised me with some beautiful bunches of flowers that have seriously upped the interior game in my bedroom.
Links I’ve Loved:
- Rae interviewed me a handful of weeks ago for her inspiring Conscious Living blog series. I’m a huge fan of her blog and its mantra so I felt honoured to be involved! Head here to read up on my thoughts on conscious living and filling the world with positivity.
- I still adore simple life-update posts and Rosie’s ’10 Things’ installment earlier in the week made me beam for the smallest joys of everyday.
- My girl Sophie shared a recipe for mac and cheese a.k.a. a weekly staple, amirite? So moreish and yummy!
Posts This Week:
- 25 Things About Me – A post filled with maybe-fun facts about me! It’s always good to know more about the gal behind the blog, eh? (read it here)
- Turning 25! – I blogged on my birthday, a chilled day full of baked goods and floral-shaped surprises. (read it here)
- My March To-Do List – Some things to check off and complete this month. (read it here)
- 100 Stories / Temporary – Another ‘100 Stories’ installment, this time discussing feelings of things being temporary. (read it here)
- A Homeware Wishlist. – And last but not least, I rounded up some homeware bits that I’m considering picking up for my new room. Features an elephant lamp. (read it here)