Today’s Sundaze is going to be a touch shorter than usual. I haven’t much headspace because… WE FINALLY MOVED! Yup, the rumours are true; after having our family house packed up since mid-November, we’re in at Chez Chai 3.0. To answer the main question on everybody’s lips, I’m still at my parents’ place. We still plan to move out into our own place later this year, but for now I’m in my own little bedroom again. As such, this week has felt really disjointed and full of excitement with things I’m sure I’ll update you properly on in due course.
Our new house!!
So yes, a little more about our new house I suppose! Mum and Dad decided around mid-2019 that they’d like to downsize our family home as almost half of it was no longer being used to its full potential. Thus began an epic house hunt, and many months later we’re in to our new place. I really love it here; I hadn’t even been to a viewing before we moved in on Friday, but it’s truly a house we can make our own. There’s a little office, a sun room, a utility room (a first for us!), not to mention a koi pond and vegetable patch in the garden. Before we can enjoy putting our own stamp on it though, several layers of textured wallpaper *shudder* must be ripped off, which is largely how our weekend was spent… Head over to my home Instagram @daisybutterathome for more snippets!
On shifting business commitments
On Thursdays and Fridays, I work for my clients within my own little copywriting business. And this week, I had a bit of a lightbulb moment with regards of how I want to shift things moving forwards. As I now split my time between a part-time job, running a business and running a blog, I think I want to streamline my processes a little. I want to make a giant spreadsheet and try to consolidate my multiple revenue streams so that the financial side of things doesn’t feel so… busy in my head. Plus, I *really* need to work out how best to keep my bank accounts. Help, I’m trying to adult!
Links I’ve Loved
- Katie’s post about training for the London marathon is full of useful advice and a general chat about her experience so far.
- I absolutely adored my girl Sarah’s post on A Sentimental Heart about being grateful for the body you’re in.
- 10 Money Rules Women in Their 30s Should Follow via The Everygirl.
- Although I’m not single, this post on Notes by Joana really resonated with how I felt in my early twenties; struggling to find contentment in being single.
- Carrie’s off-the-strip guide to Las Vegas is a must-bookmark. Her travel photos are just incredible!!
- I’m desperate to try this Vegan Chorizo and Vegetable Paella dish.
- I don’t think I’ve related harder to any post than Rosie’s one about being unable to do ‘nothing’.
- In the wake of Caroline Flack’s sad, sad news, Sian shared a beautiful post about how to consume online content responsibly.
Posts This Week
How was your week? Do you have any finance advice for somebody in this position?!