Can you believe it’s September?! Because I can’t. The infamous September start is upon us, and I’m soaking it all up. This year, I seem to be working in overdrive as autumn creeps up which is very unlike me. But I’m grateful to be in a position where all of my little hustles are thriving at the same time! For instance, this week my sister and I launched our new Mooncake Melts, poured 100+ candles, had deliveries to send every day and I had two writing jobs booked in. I can hardly recognise my life from what it was a month, six months, a year ago, and I absolutely love it.
I’ve struggled, lately, with keeping ahold of my feelings. Most evenings I’ll sit down to journal and find there are almost no words. Or, rather, there are words but no sentences. It’s definitely true when they say you can’t keep all of the plates spinning! Next week, I’m definitely prioritising self-care and more stillness.
She’s finally on TikTok!
In more fun and upbeat news, your girl is finally on TikTok! I caved and downloaded the app and, amidst lots of millennial confusion, I’m having fun capturing little snippets of my life on there. Mostly, I’m really into how lo-fi and unedited you can be over there. While I definitely haven’t dialled down into any sort of niche or decided what I want to do there, making these fun little videos has reignited my love for social media overall. I’m imagining relaxed vlog-style videos and perhaps a few cosy scenes from this homebody’s world. Come and join me! My username is @winyeemichelle.
The back-to-school mood has really nudged me towards establishing a routine again. Diving back into freelancing over the first non-lockdown summer means that I was just approaching each day as it came with wild abandon. Now, I’m looking forward to sinking my teeth into my client projects, getting back into my personal writing, and growing & Chai with all my heart and soul.
I’m also looking forward to reaching into the past, with lengthy rewatches of Gilmore Girls, Gossip Girl and my favourite slice-of-life anime. Sometimes when everything else is sparkling, new and shiny, it’s nice to lean back into comforting pockets like these.
Links I’ve Loved
- A joyful to do list for September 2021 via The Joyful Coach
- I’ve been really curious to try Glossier’s new Universal Pro-Retinol. This review on refinery29 UK might just have swayed me! You can enjoy 10% off your first Glossier order by shopping with my referral link here.
- Ever since discovering Misha’s wonderful blog, I’ve enjoyed reading her thoughtful commentary about life. This piece about dating styles and mental health really struck a chord.
- 3 Tips for Being Considerate to the Mental Health of Others via Sian Blogs
- There 30% off at Girlfriend Collective – my favourite gymwear brand! – at the moment. You can get $10 off your first purchase of $95 or more with my link. I wear the Compressive High-Rise Leggings in 7/8 length (:
- Baldo is finally out in the Nintendo eShop and I can’t wait to eventually get my hands on it!
Posts This Week
- Open-hearted joys 開開心心 13
- September Newsletter; click to subscribe!
- Plus, daily updates on Instagram @winyeemichelle
How was your week? What are your intentions for the upcoming week?