A few weeks ago, I posted a snap of the three 5-star reads I’d accomplished in June, and lots of my bookstagram community remarked how lucky I was to have read three great books that month. And then I realised that, actually, it’s been an incredible year for reading so far too. I am both planned and unplanned towards my reading: on one hand, I like to make a general list to tick off some backlist and upcoming titles, and on the other, I can’t resist grabbing a book that looks beautiful! This has had a pretty good effect on my reading year, as I’ve discovered some incredible books and authors to keep an eye out for.
I’ve listed these by month, so you can head back to the relevant post to find its mini review…
- Miracle Creek by Angie Kim
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo
- Jade City by Fonda Lee
- East Side Voices by Helena Lee
Find my January 2022 reviews here.
- Daughter of the Moon Goddess by Sue Lynn Tan
- Seven Days in June by Tia Williams
Find my February 2022 reviews here.
- Howl’s Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
- Jade War by Fonda Lee
Find my March 2022 reviews here.
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- If I Saw Your Face by Frances Cha
Find my April 2022 reviews here.
- Komi Can’t Communicate by Tomohito Oda
Find my May 2022 reviews here.
- This Place Is Still Beautiful by Xixi Tian
- We Were Dreamers by Simu Liu
- Almond by Won-pyong Sohn
- Earthsea by Ursula Le Guin
Find my June 2022 reviews here.
What have been some of your standout reads so far in 2022?