My oh my, what a treat it’s been of late to be wined and dined with all of this good weather in England! I always do a little chuckle to myself whenever I read weather-laced anecdotes in blog posts because it’s just so bloody British. We love and hate the weather in equal measure. The past week feels like it absolutely breezed (lolol) by in a flurry of bundles of work, copious amounts of good food, two date nights, a concert and an impromptu cake date with my very best friend. It’s been a quiet reminder of just how much I enjoy being surrounded by my loved ones, even if it’s been perfectly mundane at times. So, onto the weekly Sundaze digest…
London Korean Festival
Yesterday my siblings and I popped into London to spend our day at the annual London Korean Festival. I’d never been before but Jonny and Louise went two years previous to the 2015 one where they managed to catch f(x) playing live for free! I recall feeling oh so envious whilst they excitedly Whatsapped me as I struggled through the hottest summer for 40 years in Hong Kong.
As soon as I found out the line-up for this year’s concert portion of the festival, I just about DIED because Highlight and EXID were in it! My favourite boys! The queuing situation was pretty ridiculous and by the time we’d managed to survive the 50-minute queue simply to get to the food and exhibition space, it was about time we started queuing 2 hours for the concert. Queuing woes aside, we had some great tteokbokki AND one of the best concert experiences. I’d already seen Highlight (as Beast!) live two years ago at their Beautiful Show in Hong Kong 2015 but they were just as incredible last night as a five-piece. They’re my absolute bias in the K-pop world so last night turned out to be pretty special for me as I didn’t manage to see them the only other time they were in London. EXID were absolutely awesome: the crowd went pretty insane and homg~ nobody is ever going to be ready for how adorable Hani is irl. And whilst I admittedly didn’t know much about KnK and Snuper before last night, I’m a little bit of a KnK convert. All in all, a solid Saturday – I’ve already broken out the relevant Spotify playlist!
Dinner with Cherie and Hanh
It feels like it’s been forever since I’ve hung out with fellow bloggers and so I rectified that by indulging in a Korean feast of the Gods with Hanh and Cherie. We headed down to Jinjuu and had all of the food and all of the grape soda. Hot damn I love grape soda. I always find it so much fun and of so much use to hang out with fellow casual bloggers in that it really helps me to recalibrate and lend my blogging ‘work’ some focus.
We caught up on one another’s travels, lives and swapped ideas about some of the newest Instagram mysteries, the pros and cons on newsletters (do tell me your thoughts on these!) and generally had a great time trading beauty product wishlists and all of that good stuff. If you also enjoy K-beauty, K-pop and following excellent ladies online, please do visit each of their blogs as I wholeheartedly love reading them both!
Hanging out with Ebony
Today’s post is comin’ at you a touch late because this morning I had a surprise visit from my best girl Ebony! She had to drive back down this end to pick something up and so decided to drive a further 20 minutes to steal me away and I of course obliged – who could turn down a coffee date with their best friend?! We met a tonne of years ago, lived together at Uni and the rest is history. Today, however, we met up for coffee and lunch AND cake (the Mish and Ebony tradition) and chatted all things baby – her brother’s! – houses, weddings and everything in between. You just can’t beat a good gossip and a heart-to-heart, can you? A Sunday well spent certainly brings a week of content. (I hope.)
On breakfast dates
Harvey and I are beginning a new tradition of breakfast dates at Frankie & Benny’s of all places! We went over on Monday morning and enjoyed excellent breakfasts at £5.95 with unlimited coffees and drinks at £1.95 each. What. A. Bargain. I’m not usually a huge fan of chain restaurants and especially not F&B’s but their breakfast selection has been something of a newfound favourite after heading out a few times many months ago with my one of my best pals and her husband. I went for their Veggie Stacker (game-changer, potato hash and avocado in a fluffy ciabatta bun) whilst Harvey went for a Full English. I think it might just be a weekly keeper…
Roll the Ball
I’ve been completely obsessed with a game on my phone called Roll the Ball (iOS/Android) lately and I absolutely have to share the word. It’s one of those annoyingly addictive puzzle games but it doesn’t require Internet connection and it gets the cogs working for a few minutes at a time. I’ve made it all the way through to Stage 11 – bearing in mind each stage has 100 levels! So. Damn. Addictive. Sorry about your planned Sunday night productivity.
Links I’ve Loved:
- The biggest story in the fashion world this week is possibly the Lucinda Chambers interview that has since been amended and was featured on Vestoj following her dismissal from Vogue UK. A huge fan of her work at Vogue and throughout her career, I managed to read the original feature before it was edited and before the gossip spread like wildfire. I found it really eye-opening despite my own experiences in that part of the industry and it confirmed that I wasn’t actually insane for giving up on my magazine journo dreams. This BoF article was also a great read.
- Carrie shared a post full of her thoughts surrounding Instagram and how it forces creativity upon us. It made for an interesting read, particularly as I had just finished writing a rough draft of a post about my own Instagram woes.
- The new issue of LFB’s monthly blogazine is out and the articles all revolve around the theme of social media. I’m yet to finish the articles as I tend to save them to read twice a week but am loving this month’s issue!
- Right now, I’m back in the throes of a PONY Makeup obsession. I’ve watched her YouTube videos pretty religiously since around 2015 but this past week has seen me rewatch countless tutorials and travel vlogs in my continued quest to make myself a better makeup human.
- For fellow fashion nerds, I really enjoyed this feature about French contemporary fashion that was published on BoF.
- Lastly, I’m nothing short of obsessed with Alyssa’s Instagram feed at the moment. I came across it several months ago but after her recent trip to London and Paris, I’ve been pretty religious in reading her blog and stalking her grid on the sly. Find her on Instagram here and read her blog here.