I thought this week that I’d integrate my Sundaze and ‘Petite joys’ posts together into one slow Sunday read. I’ve not much to report on aside from a little birthday outing for Hannah that you can read all about over on my Instagram and a week full of work and chasing things up. But in between the big things are the smaller, finer things that truly make the days worth it and that funnel you from one week to the next in an abundance of joy. Here are those things:
一. Finally, FINALLY breaking in my new River Island backless loafers. I’ve had so many compliments on these shoes as of late and it’s pretty nice to be able to simply reply with ‘thank you!’ as opposed to the usual girl code warning against blisters galore. (FYI, it’ll take you about two wears with plasters to break them in.)
二. Glossier is arriving – tomorrow! Oh yes, the rumours are true and their press team emailed me to confirm. I must say I felt awfully swish!
三. A morning text from my boyfriend that read simply: ‘Hash browns and dog walk?’ on Thursday morning. He sure knows the way to my heart!
四. Completing all 64 pull-up reps at my Barre class without stopping. I usually skip one rep mid-way because I’m lazy but I pushed myself all the way this week. It felt good.
五. Spending our date day this week in a neighbouring town, St. Alban’s. We strolled in the autumn sun, hand-in-hand, coats slung over a shoulder and an arm… and found ourselves trying out the new vegan and vegetarian menu at Wagamama. We even found room for dessert and can confirm the Vietnamese coffee ice-cream is bloody great stuff.
六. Falling back in love with Instagram. Although I’d been mildly annoyed at the app a few weeks ago for the drop in engagement and growth, I’ve been seeing a slow increase again as a result of putting a little more time and attention into it all. Feels a little narcissistic and odd to take about an app so seriously but I’m just really enjoying it again. Find me at @winyeemichelle.
七. Researching bullet journals! Remember last year when I was adamant I wouldn’t fall into the trap and use a bullet journal? I’m slowly coming round to the idea after finding so much wasted space in my diary. I don’t work 5 days of the week and rarely have weekend plans so the idea of a bullet journal is more and more appealing to me, plus all of those YouTube videos are oddly addictive, aren’t they?
八. Chocolate eclairs from Sainsbury’s.
九. Cosy cuddles with my boyfriend’s kitten. She’s unreal.
十. Starting my Christmas shopping! I know, I know. But it feels pretty good to get going on that shit.
Links I’ve Loved
- As somebody that often reflects on their Uni experience and regrets a large part of it, this article on Man Repeller really spoke volumes to me
- We all know the feeling of buyers’ remorse: here’s a post on Katy Belle about the things she regrets buying.
- Harvey and I are desperate to dine at Mooshies, a vegan burger joint in East London. Thanks for sharing it, The V Nice Life!
- Becky’s white chocolate banana loaf recipe is easily the most dreamy thing I’ve seen in a while.
- How to Spoon, by Man Repeller.
- I regularly neglect my Pinterest account but Corrie’s post this week has inspired me to up the ante on the site again.
- I LOVED this post on Sophie’s blog about why growing up isn’t a bad thing. There’s such a unicorn and princesses revival at the moment but actually, I’m also enjoying growing up. Ish.