Oh it’s been a hot minute since I sat down to write one of these. It’s been a busy start to the year and a classic case of ‘all three buses arriving at once’ with plenty of fun collaborations to work on. And because of that, and not wanting to postpone my already-planned posts, I ended up replacing a couple of Sundaze with partnered posts. Thanks for your continued support on these.
Life has been manic. It’s been many many 6am-12am days, but I couldn’t complain, not for a moment.
It’s genuinely surreal to see the business I built from the ground up flourish from my fingertips. Whenever I’ve not been working, I’ve been getting bits and bobs done for the blog, and whenever I’m not doing that, I’ve been hanging out with friends, walking my dog, watching nutty documentaries and experimenting with new vegan recipes! Life’s been fun.
London Grace mani
On Wednesday I got my nails did for the first time in more than 3 months. My nails were in awful condition towards the end of last year from not-enough-TLC and too much over-zealous nail polish application. So I decided to swear off nail colour until my birthday and, if I managed it, treat myself to a fancy mani afterwards.
I swung by London Grace (not gifted or affiliated!) after work for their Top Notch mani, a 30-minute pamper session. Their salon spoke to me because there’s a careful and deliberate focus on sustainability, with water-less services to conserve energy and water use, all-natural products, and an overall easy ambience.
I’m off to Hong Kong for two weeks!
We fly tonight and I’m currently in the throes of last minute packing. You know the sort: adding 832479 extra pieces of clothing in ‘just in case’, checking and re-checking the whereabouts of my passport, prematurely locking the case and having to unlock it a billion times… I can’t wait for a little trip to my favourite city in the world. We’re celebrating my cousin’s wedding and spending a long weekend in Taiwan, but the rest of the holiday is largely unplanned.
On that note… I’m taking a short spring break from Daisybutter!
I’ll be away from the blog whilst I’m in Hong Kong, posting regularly on Instagram and I’ll also have a newsletter coming to your inboxes. And then after that, I’m going to be away for another two weeks to refresh and recalibrate, plus bring you a brand new layout. Rest assured I already have plenty of content ideas for my return – I just need a little time offline.
Follow me on Instagram @winyeemichelle to keep up to date with my daily adventures.
Links I’ve Loved:
- I’m desperate to add this Side Tie Wrap Midi Skirt to my wardrobe after trying it on last weekend, as well as this Satin Coffee Bean Midi Skirt which is so on-brand it hurts. Plus, it has pockets.
- Victoria over at Apartment Number 4 shared an incredibly real and raw post about what it’s like to navigate redundancy from an emotional and financial perspective.
- I’m really enjoying Fifi’s content really, but this one about how she and her partner budgeted their house renovation is a winner.
- Have you recently DM’d me about how great my Instagram Stories are looking? The answers all lie in Yossy’s handy guide to apps for elevating your Stories.
- Several months on from that damning BBC documentary about sustainability in fashion, it’s great that the conversation continues. Zoe’s post shares some realistic ways to do your part.
- My girl Sophie has started sharing posts from Malaysia! And here’s her 24-hour guide to Malacca.
- Unsure what to cook next week? Try Cupful of Kale’s Tofu Katsu Curry. It looks delicious and it completely vegan!