Hello June, and happy Sundaze! I am so glad to welcome in a new month, and one that seems to be bringing the sunshine and warmth. Something I’m not looking forward to? Damn hayfever ruining my nights, mornings and days.
A sun-soaked Saturday
Today (it’s Saturday evening as I write this) I had such a delicious day in the sun: Harvey and I ran some errands in town before settling down for a picnic! We picked up some vegan Subways, got Milo ready and walked over to a nearby big-stretch-of-grass to bathe in the sun. It felt so good to feel the rays wash over my bare(!!) legs. I packed my current read — ‘Everything I Never Told You’ by Celeste Ng — and we just enjoyed a few hours swapping stories from the week. My Commuter Chronicles never fail to entertain!
I also dropped off a huge bag of clothing and old books at my local Cancer Research UK store. My wardrobe is now about half its previous size and it feels so good! I’m going to browse Depop shortly to add a few summery pieces to my stocks. In return, I treated myself to a roll of 35mm camera film!
New in: Yashica Lynx-1000 Film Camera
I bought a Yashica Lynx-1000 film camera a few weeks ago and it finally arrived from Japan. It came packaged adorably with a little sachet of chazuka! It’s smaller details like these, always, that stick in your mind. Most of my week has been devoted to getting to grips with the camera, tbh.
Film photography isn’t new to me. When I was little, Mum would give us each a camera from her stocks (not a disposable!) ahead of our holidays and encourage us to capture our weeks away. There’s nothing quite like the magic of receiving your photos back from the developers and thumbing through each of them, marvelling at how the camera had managed to simultaneously document a moment forever but also put its own funny little twist on it. Light flares. Dust. Under exposure.
One of the things I really want to do this year is create a real photo album, a capsule full of life in 2019. I’ll probably do so separately from the blog; it’ll be my personal project.
Books, glorious books
This week, I indulged in SO many books.
I’ve just written a post for Monday full of the titles I picked up, but I’m just LOVING the power of books at the moment. Even though reality is pretty darn great right now, delving into rich, colourful fictional worlds has my heart. I’m reading a few in tandem. At home I read chunkier books, whilst my commute is apt time for something lighter, read via Kindle.
Thanks to a few offers on Amazon, I’m now six paperbacks ‘richer’ and can’t wait to get stuck in. There are plenty of deals on there at the moment, plus my £2 book sale on Depop, if you want to add to your reading list.
Links I’ve Loved
- Kelly’s post about her experience visiting McDonald’s behind the scenes was so eye-opening and, dare I say, inspiring.
- 20 Things You’ll Understand If You’re A Content Creator
- This Love & Lemons recipe for Cilantro Lime Rice sounds absolutely delicious! I’m dying to make this and top it with a spicy tofu dish.
- One of my favourite bloggers, Jodie Melissa, shared her top 15 High Street jumpsuits and I basically want to buy them all.
- Queen of blogging, and photography, Carrie is working with Rosemood and her hardback bound photo albums are truly a thing of beauty.
- How great does Evie make ‘Miracle Creek’ by Angie Kim sound?! I’ve added it straight to be to-be-read list.
- Lastly, I’ve become absolutely obsessed with building an A-frame house. I blame Tiny House Nation on Netflix.
Posts This Week
- AD / A Summer Wine-Pairing Recipe
- Let’s Talk: Sponsored Content, Partnerships & Daisybutter
- It’s Time to #seekjunemagic!
How was your week?