Hello you! Welcome back to another cosy-upon-cosy Sundaze. Whether you’re in the UK sheltering from Storm Dennis — who names these storms anyway?! — or are elsewhere on our beautiful planet, come on in; pull up a squishy armchair and bring your drink of choice.
I’ve had such a lovely week this week. Whilst last week was fun in its own way, I really thrive in my own company and having time to reset a little. So I started my week with a bullet journalling session to make sure I didn’t miss any appointments, client bookings or gym sessions. Plus, I’m really enjoying spending Monday to Wednesday in London at a 9-5! It’s doing wonders for my mental health, motivation and creativity.
In case you hadn’t already spotted… I’ve created a new hashtag to extend the Sundaze mood across our little community! #sundazeliving is for all of us to capture the cosy moments — not just on a Sunday — that bring joy, magic and a sense of softness to our days. You know, that deliciously relaxed ambience that a Sunday creates and that we try to capture in these weekly posts? That. I’m really excited to see more posts from the community, and I’d love for you all to use it. You could use it for everyday snaps, or even to recreate these casual, diary-like posts on your Instagrams!
I finally have not one but two WIPs!
I’ve famously Not Managed NaNoWriMo for a good, cor, six or seven years now. In fact now that I think about it properly, it could be longer. NaNoWriMo is a November writing challenge, aiming to get writers 50,000 words into their manuscripts by the end of the month. For whatever reason, having a not-short, not-long deadline like that sets me on edge and with Christmas on the horizons at that point, it sets me up for failure.
That being said, I’ve finally made some real progress on not one, but TWO works in progress! I had my ‘aha!’ lightbulb moment a few weeks ago and I’ve been squirrelling away at my ~personal project~ writing all week. Given that I write for a living and for a hobby, it’s safe to say that my headspace is pretty much all words and no play right now…
How we celebrated Valentine’s Day 2020
After searching high and low for two entire weeks, Harvey and I finally managed to track down the fabled Linda McCartney Vegetarian Chicken Bucket!! We’ve been dying to try it ever since it was announced (follow @accidentallyveganuk for the best vegan releases), and of course we had to treat ourselves. We started Valentine’s Day with a leg-and-glutes session at the gym, before settling into some work (for me at least). Then, we indulged in a big ol’ Valentine’s junk food feast! A dream! We don’t really do much extra for Valentine’s Day because we have so many date nights anyway, but any excuse for some vegan junk food, eh?
Links I’ve Loved
- Carrie’s Paris address book is definitely one to bookmark; her travel photography is truly second to none.
- Vision boarding is something that I’m totally backing this year, and Hannah’s post is a wonderful starter guide to it all.
- Jaye’s enviable Toronto book haul has made me want to instantly head out and go shopping!
- I shared a post about the fallout and impact of coronavirus in my life last week, but Ellie’s gives a first-hand experience of the impact it’s hard on her, living in China during the outbreak.
- I’ve loved watching Sophie blossom since she decided to go freelance; here are three things she’s learned in three months of being her own boss.
- Kayte’s post has been a constant source of inspiration and reassurance for me recently. Her thoughts about maintaining the New Year energy will be so useful for lots of you!
- I’ve followed @reserve_home on Instagram for a while, and really like seeing the apartment showcased on A Cup of Jo.
- Gabrielle Snow’s tips for saving and spending in 2020.
- Lily’s post full of Instagram Stories ‘hacks’ has been endlessly useful. Want to know where the adorable GIFs on my Stories this week came from? Read her post!
- ‘We’ll Never Have Paris’ via Coffee + Crumbs.
Posts This Week
- How to Set Up a Blogging Bullet Journal
- Documenting Gratitude & How It Has Transformed My Life Outlook
- Books About Love to Adore
How was your week? Will you be sharing your #sundazeliving moments with me on Instagram?