Welcome back to another cosy Sundaze!
Firstly, I’m so sorry that I skipped last week’s post. I always do my best not to skip them as they’re easily the most beloved on Daisybutter at the moment, but I just didn’t have much to say or share. And sometimes it’s okay to say nothing at all. But this week I’m back and I’m feelin’ chatty!
I can hardly believe we’re at the very tail end of August. It passed by in a flash — just like Taylor Swift said it would — and I’m certainly ready for the September start and for that inimitable, crisp, late summer breeze to whirl through. I couldn’t say I’m loyal to any season in particular (I adore them all!), but I’m always desperate for ‘a new one’ just in time. Much of that is probably compounded by the fact that the seasons are about to turn in Animal Crossing as well.
That being said, August has been great. I’ve been back to reading, we celebrated both my parents’ birthdays, Milo is recovering really well, and I feel very much on top of things for the first time in months.
Big, successful meetings
This week has been a week of big meetings. Meetings at work, meetings for my business… It feels like a never-ending rollercoaster! And despite having worked in the Real World for over eight years, it still feels daunting to chair meetings. I always get a ball of anxiety in my stomach and can’t seem to shake it. It’s often worse when I’m anticipating the time to roll around too. But, all of them went well and I feel like a woman grown for it! Have you got any tips for handling time-related anxieties? I could really do with some!
Creating ‘just for fun’
I’ve spent lots of time this week creating ‘content’ just for fun. I’m borderline obsessed with Instagram Reels, and I feel like they’ve sparked a new interest for me to actually use and post on that dastardly app! I’m sure I’ve mentioned this before, but I often find it hard just to use apps ‘for fun’ when so many incredible creators are running businesses from them, but right now I feel content with using Instagram as my moodboard and notepad.
I’m also so into creating Animal Crossing content at the moment. From Instagram Reels to YouTube videos, to my surprisingly popular Instagram account, it’s been a breath of fresh air to produce content from scratch that isn’t founded on my looks or real-life settings. If you play ACNH or Pocket Camp, feel free to give my account a follow for your daily dose of cute critter serotonin and inspiration!
Links I’ve Loved
- Sign the petition to charge the cops who shot Jacob Blake.
- The Blackpink and Selena Gomez collaboration is out!! It isn’t at all what I expected, but I’m kinda obsessed all the same.
- Although many of us won’t be travelling for a while, you should bookmark these 3 must-visit bookshops in Utrecht.
- This Grilled Eggplant Recipe by Love & Lemons sounds delicious!
- ’Tis the season to get cosy with a book; here’s how you can fall in love with reading again.
- Evie shares 6 more fiction books that you can read in a day.
- I adored Sian’s recent post about detoxing from the online world, and how it feels more like a re-tox is in order. I completely agree.
- Sarah has shared some of her favourite face coverings, giving us the content we didn’t know we needed!
Posts This Week
Tell me something sweet about your week in the comments below.