I landed home from Japan this time last week and it’s been all hands on deck. Right now, I’m Chromecasting a selection of YouTube videos to the big TV in our living room, pup curled up on my lap, with a coffee in hand. P e r f e c t.
一. Of course my biggest news and update is of our new addition to the family :: Milo. We brought home our gorgeous bundle of fur on Monday afternoon and are completely besotted with him! Milo is now just over 9 weeks old, he’s a Maltese Shih Tzu cross (Malshi) and a beautiful white colour with pale almond ears. This week he’s truly developing a right little character and has nailed it with the toilet training as well as learning to sit on command! In classic blogger style, we’ve made him his very own Instagram – follow him here at @milo.chai!
二. The final couple of my boxes from Hong Kong finally arrived earlier this week which has helped to ‘finalise’ my triumphant return to home shores. I picked up some storage bits from H&M Home and I’m slowly but surely getting my bedroom into shape. Can’t wait to share it with you soon! PS. It includes the elephant lamp from this post 😉
三. On Monday, it was Ching Ming Festival, a Chinese festival that pays respect to our ancestors. We held a small ‘ceremony’ at my Grandad’s nook in the cemetery and burnt joss paper and offered his favourite fruits and food for him. By tradition, we’re not allowed to do the same for Granny Daisy for a little while longer. I can’t wait until I can drive over and bring her fresh flowers in the late spring.
四. I’m utterly revelling in the beautiful British springtime at the moment. Brilliantly serene and airy mornings coupled with the bonus hour in the evening that seems to make all the difference. Having said that, I’ve been anxious af more often than not which is super annoying. As I’m mostly at home with Milo until his course of vaccinations are complete, we’re enjoying playing with squeak toys, cooking and photographing recipes, and napping whilst the other powers through emails. It’s a pretty sweet deal.
五. Tomorrow I’ll be taking Milo to the vets’ for his first vaccination. I’m oh so nervous but can’t wait to have him one step closer to being able to explore the great outdoors with me. We’re all about the Sunday walks over here! Also hoping to find some time to get a little more done to my bedroom and shape up some sort of regular routine once again.
Links I’ve Loved:
- Dani continues to inspire me with her ‘2016, the first quarter’ post. She always shows such strength of character and also shared some gorgeous snaps from a best friend’s wedding.
- After returning home from a fairly expensive and indulgent trip to Japan, I really enjoyed this post by Rae about saving money whilst travelling. So many tips that I feel confident will help me save money on future trips!
- We shared this post about things to do on a Sunday over on A for Aesthetic and I’m so pleased with its feedback.
- I was completely over the moon to read this post from Rosie with news of her new bundle of joy!
- This little number from Jennie reminds me of just why I adore blogging. A quiet space to note down thoughts of your own and encapsulate the smaller, overlooked joys.
- As I’m recently-home from Japan, this post on Local Milk makes me yearn for another trip soon!
Posts This Week:
- Hello April! Let’s catch up. – A post-holiday catch-up, if you will. It feels like I’ve been away for months! (read it here)
- Hanami – And here we have a lesser seen outfit post! Shot a new outfit beneath the blossoming sakura in Japan. (read it here)
- A set of new frames. – Introducing a new pair of glasses that I got from SmartBuyGlasses. Gifted content. (read it here)
- Settling in in Tokyo. – I popped up the very first of my Japan travel posts! This one documents our first day, settling in and exploring Mitaka for the Ghibli Museum as well as our first venture in Shinjuku. (read it here)