There’s a lot to be said for appreciating the smaller, not necessarily finer details of the everyday mundane. January has somehow pulled a fast one on us all, hasn’t it?! Tomorrow marks Chinese New Year and I can’t believe February is just a handful of days away. It’s been an occasion-filled week this week and as I settled down yesterday evening to note down two things that I was grateful for that day, I realised I hadn’t shared one of these posts in a while. And so here we are.
- Golden sunlight rushing through the living room window at 9:30am every morning. Milo sunbathes in it, I run around the house preparing various flatlays.
- A girl gang get-together at Lily’s place for the annual Indoor Picnic. Best. Lads. Ever. We caught up on everything IRL, even though we all spend approximately 20 hours a day in the WhatsApp group chat together. We FaceTimed with Elodie over in France, of course. Sophie made a damn delicious stew. Sarah and Hannah made an apple, quinoa and kale salad. We discussed the Women’s March and the presidential history in the US.
- Horizons anew! Had some exciting work calls this week!
- Cosy socks. There’s nothing greater than slipping your feet into fresh cosy socks when it’s this cold out.
- The satisfying feeling of having cleaned the bathroom from top to toe.
- Working on Daisybutter! I absolutely love days where I peek into my work planner and realise that I’ve set aside a few hours to work on the blog. Totally back in love with this small space of mine.
- How I Met Your Mother! Harvey and I had never seen it prior to this week and we’re already a season down.
- Milo’s little face, full of joy whilst rediscovering lands ‘anew’ because of the morning frost.
- Comfortingly warm showers.
- Having Mama Daisy home from Hong Kong at last!
What were some of your little joys this week?