I’m currently feeling so relaxed as I decided I’d take the full Easter break as a break. Freelancer problems…
How have you all been spending the long weekend? I spent Friday indulging in a new book (I loaned ‘Girls Burn Brighter’ by Shobna Rao and finally found the time to sink my teeth into it properly.) Then I popped to my boyfriend’s house where the dogs had a HUGE playdate in the sun. Cutest. Thing. Ever. I also managed to spend some quality time with my camera: I’ve got so many things I want to write about and hadn’t shot anything fresh since getting back from holiday.
The weather is finally feeling a little more April now and I am pretty excited. Although my wardrobe certainly isn’t prepared, so after I publish this post, I’ll probably be rooting about in my spring/summer box (I store my clothes seasonally!), ready to make the switch over and figure out what I need to add to the stash. Speaking of which…
thredUp × Choose Used
On my usual evening commute home, one of my old colleagues shared a post about her new workplace and an initiative they pledged spoke so strongly to me that I’m determined to support it.
thredUp recently partnered with Conscious Commerce to create a capsule collection, reworking second-hand ‘used’ clothing into new objects of desire. Choose Used boasts eight fun, playful designs that easily slot into your wardrobe, and the capsule range is a great way to shop sustainably without the price tag pressure that so many sustainable brands bring.
Supported by Olivia Wilde, the initiative supports the Circular Fashion Fund, which aims to help designers who make sustainable items. You can shop the capsule collection on thredUp’s site now.
A new puppy!
In case you hadn’t seen ALL over my Instagram Stories, Harvey’s family welcomed a new puppy to the fold last weekend. And I am absolutely besotted. Marley is their new Cavapoo rescue and he is probably the cutest thing ever. He had a playdate with Milo today and I’m fairly certain they’re going to be best friends.
Ice-cream with Emmie
Managed to sneak an evening off work to hang out with Emmie after work for ice-cream. We headed to the ever-popular Mamasons and I had the most delicious gelato, whilst we got chatting about all manner of topics.
Something that I’ve always loved about the blogging community is that I have a great support network and group of friends. Hanging with Emmie (for the first time!) felt just like catching up with an old friend and I’d forgotten just how fun it is to hang out with fellow bloggers and creatives, because we already have SO much in common!
Links I’ve Loved
- Rebecca shared a post discussing fast fashion and just why it’s so hard to quit. There’s a brilliant conversation in the comments section, too.
- My girl Gem hosted one incredible brunch last weekend, and this post shares some of her top hosting tips.
- I found this post by Danielle Moss, editor of The Everygirl, SO insightful: within it, she discusses the matter of not combining finances with your partner.
- Loved this monthly update from Jasmine Dowling, as always.
- Victoria’s blog is home to so many useful features, but this one about travelling the world is shared straight from the heart and was such a brilliant read.
- Lastly, Ella published a piece all about setting long-term goals, a skill we should definitely all be practicing.