Hello! How are you doing? Welcome to another Sundaze; your weekly calendar compass and reassurance that it is indeed Sunday 😉
This week has felt more normal than any of the ones we’ve had during lockdown, and I’m not mad about it. I finally left the house after a bout of extreme anxiety, Harvey came over (to the end of our drive), my island received its five-star rating on Animal Crossing, and I generally feel more positive overall. For some reason I’ve also been flooded with really lovely messages from you guys and for that I can’t thank you enough; you’ve truly been a ray of light whilst I’ve not felt myself.
I created a Daisybutter Discord server and it is so wholesome!
Last week I bit the bullet and set up a Discord server for my Animal Crossing: New Horizons endeavours. I previously used it for Pokémon GO and Maplestory endeavours, but it’s been so much fun to run a server solely for ACNH! The community we’re building on there is so wholesome and friendly, and I love being able to chat to everybody throughout lockdown. If you’re playing Animal Crossing: New Horizons or New Leaf, come and join us! We share turnip prices, swap Custom Designs and QR codes, host parties, and generally enjoy hanging out together. It’s a no-pressure place to hang, and I moderate everything!
On a related note, I also finally made a new Animal Crossing Twitter account, which will hopefully satiate my need to overshare everything to do with Moonacre… I kept flooding my main account with screenshots, so you’ll be pleased to know that it’s all been moved to @acnh_moonacre. Follow me there, if you’re a fellow Crosser!
Meet Luna Charles, a darling new jewellery brand
This week I was thrilled to receive a package in the post from my friend Emma, who’s recently co-founded a darling new jewellery brand! Luna Charles is an independent brand, with dainty jewellery that’s out of this world. Each piece is inspired by the night sky and galaxy, and my Zahara Zodiac Sign Necklace is no exception. The chain is adjustable, so I can wear it long and layered with other pieces, or shorter as though it were a choker. I took great pleasure in wearing it with an all black outfit on Friday for a video call with my best friend, an afternoon of work, and a Zoom quiz with friends!
I’ve been unpacking more this week, and so my new Oliver Bonas jewellery box is looking a little more full! During isolation, I’m really revelling in wearing simple outfits and playing with my jewellery stash. Layering necklaces and slipping on favourite rings brings the smallest of joys to my days, especially when I catch a glint of gold as I turn the page on my book.
She’s back in the game!
I suppose the main pull this week has been that I feel back in the game, and as though I’m ‘myself’ and somewhat productive again. Of course I can hardly believe what’s happening across the world and this isn’t for a moment my new normal, but I’m glad to feel more stable these days. I’ve been watching old seasons of We Got Married, flying through books, spending evenings drinking gin with my sister in the garden…
Between reading books and gaining my five-star rating on Animal Crossing: New Horizons, I feel like I’ve reached some sort of stability with my lockdown ways. I don’t feel as up-and-down as I did before, and I’m managing to shoot content, be active with my business, balance my part-time job, video call friends, and enjoy my own hobbies as well. In fact, I’ve been juggling my own idylls so well that I’m actually nervous about lockdown ending, and having to go back to a routine where we have to plan gatherings outings via a bloody never-ending group chat again! I’m really enjoying creating blog posts at the moment; I’ve always been a homebody content gal, and the feedback I get at the moment is so heart-warming and encouraging. It’s not a normal April, but it’s nice nonetheless.
Links I’ve Loved
- Betty Magazine was one of my firm favourites back in the day, and this feature about Charlotte Jacklin on The Glitter Guide made such a fascinating read!
- I doubt I’ll ever become enough of a drinker to warrant a bar area in Chez Daisybutter, but Monica’s bar transformation on The Elgin Avenue makes me desperately want one…
- As I edge closer towards my 30’s, I’m reading more and more YA (in fact, I’m just reading voraciously across genres!), so I loved this post on reading middle-grade books as an adult on Blogger’s Bookshelf!
- I’ve been slacking on bullet journalling lately in favour of minimal diary-esque posts, so it was inspiring to see Fii’s April bujo layout.
- … and Michelle’s Animal Crossing journal has inspired me to make my own this afternoon! (I’ll share my progress on Instagram!)
- 15 Breakfasts to Make While You Work from Home via The Everygirl (Editor’s Note: they’re not all vegan.)
- Jaye’s lockdown loves were a lovely, soothing read.
- I absolutely loved Jane’s post about her life during the pandemic. She works as a doctor over in Australia, and so her post was really fascinating.
- Kristabel shared another money diary, this time documenting how much it costs to move from a house share to a solo rented flat in London.
Posts This Week
How has your week been? Are you playing ACNH? Join me on Twitter and Discord!