Well, happy Sunday my loves!
This week truly raced by, and that’s surely because I was on annual leave for most of it. For the first time in absolutely ages, I feel like I made a good use of all of my newfound spare time too. From big pockets of rest to time spent cooking up my favourite recipes (I’ll share them below!), I finally nailed my idea of work/life balance and I’m almost certain that’s from the careful introspection I’ve been indulging in lately. Like you’ll have spotted in my bullet journal migration post, I’m carving out dedicated time for the things I love, whenever I have the time. It’s going pretty well so far.
And, of course, I’ve been fully preoccupied with my first ever play-through of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. What an excellent route of escapism, from home, as the pandemic and UK ‘situation’ ploughs on. Anyway, here’s a little round-up of my week – it’s been such a sweet one!
This week marked the Summer Solstice and midsummer, two dates I’ve always loved. I revel in the glowy evening light and love what the solstice represents. This year, I stayed home and did a little manifestation work. It felt soul-nurturing to sit in my thoughts and connect with the world around me; so often I feel as though the world is just beyond my fingertips, but really it’s in our grasp. It is. How did you spend midsummer?
Precious time with friends
Often I’m terrible at plucking up the courage to be the one to make plans – maybe I’ll open up about this at a later stage… – but I wanted to schedule in a few friendship catch-ups. And I did! I met up with one of my oldest friends for a coffee in the sunshine and we had a wonderful time catching up, plotting and planning. We mused about how it’d been 12 years since we spent our lunch breaks at college buying matching clothes! I also squeezed in a lake walk with another old friend. They brought seed feed and we hand-fed the duckies! All in all, I definitely feel nourished in the pal department this week.
A lake stroll
Daisybrother (yes, I know, the best nickname!) came home to stay for the weekend, so we bought coffee and ventured out to the lake. I have an obsession, okay? This Pisces needs to be by the water. We bumped into my cousin’s family and got to have an impromptu stroll and hang out with the kiddies! The little cycled and chattered away to the ducks and geese, while we all got to catch up properly after a stretch of weeks apart. Needless to say, I now feel FULL of love and all the serotonin.
Links I’ve Loved
- I know you all love these old-school Sundaze posts of mine, and so I MUST introduce you all to my friend Lizzie’s blog, Hello Lizzie Bee. There, Lizzie shares her gyaru life and ‘blogs like it’s 2010’. It always feels like a cosy catch-up with a mate, and isn’t that what we all want at the moment?
- Anika’s post full of her summer self-care essentials was a lovely read; I added a few of the ideas to my own list.
- ‘How I’m Being Kinder to Myself’ by Megan Portorreal should be an essential read and to-do for all of us. Self-love is one of the biggest lessons I’ve learned this year.
- I made Love & Lemons’ Orecchiette with Broccoli Rabe this week and it really hit the spot!
- Likewise, last night I rustled up The Mother Cooker’s Vegan Potato Curry and it was SO moreish.
- And finally, I wanted to share The Manifestation Collective’s suggestions for a soulful weekend, for they truly saved me when my weekends took an unexpected turn.
Posts This Week
- Why I’m Embracing Main Character Energy
- Setting Up My Second 2021 Bullet Journal
- Open-hearted joys 開開心心 09
How was your week? Let me know what the highlight was for you – mine was definitely cuddling my cousin’s kiddos!