Although it might feel like Sundays are boomeranging their way amongst our lives and catapulting us practically straight into December – who can believe another week is over?! – this week has felt especially long.
This time of year is always a little slower in the copywriting world, at least for me, and I’ve really felt the struggle with trying to achieve a little more balance in my weeks. It’s tempting to pop out for coffee dates here there and everywhere but then I find myself up at 11pm, replying to emails and arranging meetings and trying to eke out some creativity right before bed. It’s been interesting to say the least. I have, however, found the time to finish the rebranding of my business, pick up a new client and squeeze in plenty of research for where I plan to take my business next.
The Daisybutter Coffee Club
This week, I launched my new newsletter! The Daisybutter Coffee Club will be a fortnightly newsletter, with each volume featuring blog-style content plus plenty of extras including free downloadables, blog recommendations and exclusive shopping discounts at my favourite places.
The first volume came out on Wednesday but you can sign up here to receive the next one. I’m hoping to introduce more article-style content in newsletters too, the parts that don’t quite fit on the blog because there are only seven days in a week! If you’re already signed up, let me know what you think in the comments!
I’ve rebranded! What was once Michelle Chai Freelance is now Tartle Copywriting and I couldn’t be more excited. I’m currently working away on a new website for my main hustle and I really can’t wait to show it off and take my work to the next level. For so long, I’ve relied heavily on my old school Cargo Collective portfolio but I can’t wait to introduce you all to my new website really soon (this blog will of course still be here as I see my blog as a wholly separate entity) and, more importantly, elevate my business to hit my professional goals. YAY!
New beauty finds
This week I decided to empty out the bathroom cabinet and, as a result, I’ve got a super streamlined routine. I also discovered some skincare bits I hadn’t yet touched AND added to my stash with the KIKI Health Magnesium Oil Spray (£12).
Magnesium is a great addition to any body care routine (I spritz liberally to my neck and feet after a shower or bath) to up the immune system, regulate sleep and hypertension and for stress relief and general well-being. I’ve added magnesium as a supplement to my routine ever since losing a huge chunk of my hair to stress a few years ago and really couldn’t emphasise its’ benefits enough.
Adding to my fitness routine
Yesterday I went to my first Pilates class! I’ve been following along on some online classes but finally bit the bullet and joined a new class at my usual studio and was pleasantly surprised. It makes a good balance from my at-home squat and resistance work, yoga practice and Barrecore and I can see myself continuing on with it. The slower pace is a total game-changer and I felt SO energised having been to a 9am workout class before my day really even began.
Links I’ve Loved
- This article on Man Repeller discusses the issues around the phrase ‘I’m so broke’ and ‘I have no money’.
- Liv moved house and vlogged the entire thing for us nosy lot. Her new place is dreamy. So dreamy.
- Harvey and I made these Marinara-Smothered Lentil Bites for dinner the other evening and they SO damn good, I just had to share the recipe. We added in broccoli and would recommend adding extra onion and garlic for flavour.
- Lauren Conrad shared photos of her gorgeous baby boy over on her website and I can’t believe how grown-up this world is getting!
- I absolutely loved browsing through these lavender field photos over on Jordan’s blog.
- Callie relaunched her blog and it looks so awesome.
- I loved reading this budget guide to Copenhagen on Sade’s blog, especially after having attempted a budget trip of my own.
- This post from Hanh about working for herself really resonated with me and it’d make a great read for anybody considering making the switch.
- I came across this old post on Jaime’s blog – Angloyankophile – and couldn’t agree more with every word she said! Whilst there is a world more to be done for race representation in the blogging world, I remember feeling relief and gratitude when I came across Bubzbeauty on YouTube and realised there were Chinese girls in the media and they were just like me! Who would’ve thunk?!